Garment Making

I found an old white blanket upstairs which was labelled pure wool but after its few hours in the dye pot I’m questioning the truth in that label!

But nevertheless I am quite happy with the result.

Firstly I cut and hand-stitched it into a long, sleeveless gillet, added a couple of pockets with a silk trim and hand stitched around the raw edges. After wrapping it around a wooden dowel with some gum leaves I threw it into the dyepot from last weekend and boiled for a few hours.

It hasn’t dried yet but these are some prelim shots.


This is at the top of the back.





~ by mstery on 14 July, 2012.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: