Alpaca Scarf

I knitted up this scarf using the last of an undyed cone I had. It came form J as I recall.
I used a drop stitch design which worked out quite well.

20120520-123653.jpg

You can see where I have dropped the stitches in the right hand panel and not in the left one.

I then went outside and pulled down some Native Cherry leaves (they look more like needles) and boiled then up for a few hours to extract the dye. I was going for a lime green which I had got the last time I used this plant but the old rusty iron spike I threw in to weigh the stuff down made the dye a more olive colour. But I am quite pleased with the result. Tash has decided she likes it so I had to go find it again before I could take a couple of photos.

20120520-124214.jpg

20120520-124225.jpg

Advertisements

~ by mstery on 20 May, 2012.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: